Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 18-07-11, 09:44

Thanks Kite

I think the Patrick Fee in 1930 who immigrated into US in 1880 is a different one - think I found him on an earlier census son of Patrick & Ann and he was naturalised whereas the Patrick I'm looking for wasn't naturalised in the 1920 census.

That could be very well be Daniel on the 1930 census but he says his mother was from Ireland when she was from Scotland and his occupation was "disabled?" whereas my Daniel was a pipefitter in the Navy yard in 1920. If it was him we were staying near to where he lived in 1930 when we visited in May.

Thanks you so much for your help.

I'll have a look on Cindy's list and probably put a thread on rootsweb.

Last edited by JBee; 18-07-11 at 10:36.
Old 18-07-11, 11:06

Julie, please can you tell me how you navigated to the NH marriages page? Hopefully there is a NY marriages (and births) page.

Thanks
Old 18-07-11, 12:04

Which site are you referring to Rosie?

Do you mean Cyndy's List which Kite kindly directed me to. If so this is the NY page

http://www.cyndislist.com/us/ny/

I did find one of the links for Pennyslvania which took me onto ancestry.com and different american databases I hadn't found on .co.uk

If you were talking about familysearch.org then I put the place/state in where they'd lived.
Old 21-07-11, 19:09

sorry for the delay Julie. it was the Family search page I was querying. I've just gone to the home page and entered my ancestor's name and NY and it's brought up a list. Thanks, didn't realise it would be that easy lol.

Also going to look at cyndislist, I'd forgotten about that and had lost the link at some stage during a pooter crisis.
Old 21-07-11, 19:15

family search is not very good at picking up date ranges sadly. I searched for 1851 -1856 and got 111 hits, most of which were 1860 onwards! There were a couple of infant deaths in the right time scale but sadly no parents are listed. Disappointing.