Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 11-01-12, 16:42

thanks guys i had Two free trials one for my husband and for me.and it still didnt allow me to message ither tree owners on ancestry. this is my last chanch all i am asking is is for a member of ancestry to pass a message on for me ive tried every available route.please can a member on here put a message up on the family trees ive mentioned on ths thread. this site has been great for me thus far im only asking for one tiny favour. my frustaration is rising once again. i can see the tree holders in front of me on ancestry but cant contact them.can somebody please help me/ many thanks from Zoe
Old 11-01-12, 16:44
Administrator

Zoe, have you actually looked at the trees?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-01-12, 17:24

i can see the name of the tree holder but cant send message or view trees.tate family tree. barnes family tree. thanks ive never seen the trees
Old 11-01-12, 17:48

Is your free trial activated, or do you have to wait a while? I'm wondering if things will become visible after a certain time - or not! LOL
Old 11-01-12, 18:05

If you have a 14 day trial you have access to everything including trees and messaging.

You must have done something wrong.
Old 11-01-12, 18:06

Also you won't be able to view the tree if it's a private one only if it's a public one. You can only view a private tree is the owner allows it.
Old 11-01-12, 18:10

I think Zoe means she has had a free trial at some other time and cannot have another one.

I've just searched Ancestry - I'm not a paying member either - and I can see the trees listed but cannot view them. Both the trees are Public trees, so anyone with a paid sub should be able to see them.

(I've also had a look on Mundia, to see if they are on there, but the search criterion seems to be missing????).

OC
Old 11-01-12, 18:10
Administrator

I believe that Zoe is saying that she's already used her free 14-day trial before and so she can't take one out now.

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry
Old 11-01-12, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
I believe that Zoe is saying that she's already used her free 14-day trial before and so she can't take one out now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde Crone View Post
I think Zoe means she has had a free trial at some other time and cannot have another one.

I've just searched Ancestry - I'm not a paying member either - and I can see the trees listed but cannot view them. Both the trees are Public trees, so anyone with a paid sub should be able to see them.

(I've also had a look on Mundia, to see if they are on there, but the search criterion seems to be missing????).

OC
I think you can if you use a different email address, but she also said she could view trees or contact anyone when she did have the 14 day trial. At least that's the way I read it.
Old 11-01-12, 18:21

I've read it again now, and it would appear that Zoe no longer has the benefit of the free trial.

I'm afraid I only have FMP at present. I have a tree on Ancestry, so does my daughter, and I can access trees I have permissions for, but that is all.