Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 27-02-14, 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
I haven't looked for anything else yet, but have bare bones information on Eva Selina Parrot:

Parrott Eva Selina
Parents: John/Julia Selina Newdick
Born Thetford Norfolk

NB - I know you are going forward, but thought as a family historian this would be of interest too!
Thanks, Elizabeth. Would that mean that her parents gave her a different surname? I can understand why they may want to, but when you have a choice... why Parrot??

I have all the Burroughes information, thank you - none of that side of the family even knew Charles Frederick existed though they all knew his three sisters.

Thanks, Kate - yes I have the probate listing information.

Thanks for your pm Anne

Last edited by lozaras; 27-02-14 at 18:59.
Old 27-02-14, 18:59

There is a possible marriage for Evelyn M Eastaugh to George C Carpenter in the 3rd quarter of 1911.

Edit: I haven't found any children for them.

Last edited by ElizabethHerts; 27-02-14 at 19:03.
Old 27-02-14, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozaras View Post
Thanks, Elizabeth. Would that mean that her parents gave her a different surname? I can understand why they may want to, but when you have a choice... why Parrot??

I have all the Burroughes information, thank you - none of that side of the family even knew Charles Frederick existed though they all knew his three sisters.

Thanks, Kate - yes I have the probate listing information.

Thanks for your pm Anne
Sarah, you wrote:

"In November 1905 he married Eva Selina PARROT and they had (at least) two children:"

Parrott is his wife's maiden name.
Sorry if I confused you.
Old 27-02-14, 19:24

Quote:
I haven't looked for anything else yet, but have bare bones information on Eva Selina Parrot:

Parrott Eva Selina
Parents: John/Julia Selina Newdick
Born Thetford Norfolk

NB - I know you are going forward, but thought as a family historian this would be of interest too!
Quote:
Sarah, you wrote:

"In November 1905 he married Eva Selina PARROT and they had (at least) two children:"

Parrott is his wife's maiden name.
Sorry if I confused you.
lol! still confused... I thought you were saying that Eva Selina PARROT's parents were John & Julia Selina NEWDICK

According to census she was born about 1882 not 1870

EDIT...... I've been away from this for too long.... Newdick is Eva's mother's maiden name, isn't it?

Last edited by lozaras; 27-02-14 at 19:35.
Old 27-02-14, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
FMP had 35 hits for Eastaughs on current electoral registers in Suffolk.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/d...=Suffolk&town=

Perhaps you could write to the people on the electoral register?
Thanks, Shona. I've paired up the names of people in the same household and got it down to 25 addresses to write to!
Old 27-02-14, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozaras View Post
lol! still confused... I thought you were saying that Eva Selina PARROT's parents were John & Julia Selina NEWDICK

According to census she was born about 1882 not 1870

EDIT...... I've been away from this for too long.... Newdick is Eva's mother's maiden name, isn't it?

Sorry, Sarah - I should have explained that Newdick was the maiden name of Eva's mother. I copied and pasted the information and although it made sense originally, without the context it was confusing.
Old 27-02-14, 19:56

There is a member of this site who I think I knew when he was doing an Eastoe (& variants) one name study about twenty years ago. Worth contacting?

Regarding other members of the family, Charles was a man and younger than most of the rest. In my family, it was the women who did all the letter writing and keeping in touch. You could slip through the cracks if your wife didn't take that role upon herself. In larger families there are often children younger or older than the majority who just seem to vanish. Best mate's granny seems to have completely severed ties with the rest of the family when she was about twenty.
Old 27-02-14, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
There is a member of this site who I think I knew when he was doing an Eastoe (& variants) one name study about twenty years ago. Worth contacting?
Yes, I'm in contact with Bill, thanks Phoenix.

Quote:
Regarding other members of the family, Charles was a man and younger than most of the rest. In my family, it was the women who did all the letter writing and keeping in touch. You could slip through the cracks if your wife didn't take that role upon herself. In larger families there are often children younger or older than the majority who just seem to vanish. Best mate's granny seems to have completely severed ties with the rest of the family when she was about twenty.
Yes, it could just be because he's a man....The odd thing is that it really seemed to be a close-knit family but none of dad's generation has ever heard of the poor chap.

I've sent a couple of messages via fb - will look up addresses/phone numbers tomorrow...