Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 20-10-10, 20:56
tenterfieldjulie

Hi Elizabeth,
Yes after I came down to earth I realised it was Ammanda's thread and I sent a pm to her.
Hi Libby, Yes you are right - oh dear I owe you big time - such a shame you don't drink red wine or eat chocs
Did I tell you I've found a living Inman for Mary? Julie
Old 20-10-10, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenterfieldjulie View Post
Hi Elizabeth,
Yes after I came down to earth I realised it was Ammanda's thread and I sent a pm to her.
Hi Libby, Yes you are right - oh dear I owe you big time - such a shame you don't drink red wine or eat chocs
Did I tell you I've found a living Inman for Mary? Julie

No....you didn't. I knew there were some around, but we couldn't connect them. Do you want to find me a living Mepham/Meffin/Meppin?

Or any living Caves connected to mine.......

Sometimes I wish we had records like UKs intead of our privacy laws.....

****** I thought I did eat chocs******
Old 21-10-10, 01:50

Just got back to the computer and being that I am in a different time zone I have missed all the fun so far.
I am sorry, Kiterunner. I guess I really don't understand the way things work. Please do move this thread to the proper place.
On the other hand, I can say that I am thrilled, thrilled by the help everyone has given.
What a wonderful site this is, to be sure.
Tenterfieldjulie, I look forward to communicating with you directly. Ammanda
Old 21-10-10, 10:58
tenterfieldjulie

Default St. Mary's at Prestwich

I'm quite amazed about having Peter's ancestors the Grays married at St. Mary's in 1838 as I have a marriage of my ancestors the Pugsons there in 1848. When we looking on Ancestry about the marriage of my Wares at St. Sepulchre at Holborn someone had entered it as church/shop. Is it possible that St. Mary's at Prestwich could be the same? Or is it just coincidence?
Also when I was in Manchester I went to the city library & I was able to print a copy of the 1848 marriage from the church register off the microfilm in the family history section. It gave me the grooms occupation, where the bride and groom lived, the father's names and their occupations. Is this the same information as you would get from a marriage certificate? (In Australia the early marriage registers had far more information than the certificates.)
I have sent Ammanda the information that I have.
I thought you might be interested that, in order to get the correct death certificate, I supplied the Registrar of BDMs in 2000 with multiple choices and listed ten Thomas Gray's deaths in NSW with their Index Nos. and gave all the relevant information I had. Where I was lucky was that he was a compositor. Although he died in an infirmary and there was very little information on the death cert the informant was another compositor and so it gave his occupation and that he had a daughter Mary Jane which he did. The new info it gave was his date and cause of death and where he was buried. Looking forward to hearing from Ammanda. Many many thanks everyone. J
Old 21-10-10, 11:05
tenterfieldjulie

Default Chocolates

Hi Lib,
Do you like light or dark chocolates?
Mary Ariel 1/2 page would be great.
Do you know Phyllis Mepham? Now where did she get to? Will check!
For Mary's Inmans - Noel has found an old lady he has known for years - deaf as a beetle he says - great character - who has old photos of Inmans. Beryl's mother was an Inman. Also there has just been a family reunion in Tamworth and another man he knows has contacts he can find, if Mary wants them. I've sent Mary a 7 page attachment from Noel. I'm sure there will be lots more to come. Julie