View Single Post
Old 03-08-22, 07:21
Administrator

Quote:
chasing down the TB connections does nothing to advance my main goal of tracing ancestors.
I don't really agree with that - it is often vital to map the complete jigsaw puzzle of family members to be certain (or more certain!) that you have your direct line correct. Creating a tree that encompasses all the individuals of a particular surname in a particular area and time fame can be very satisfying - You may also discover unexpected links between twigs of the tree that you would never have known about if you had persued your direct line only. I thnk one of the reasons so many online trees are lacking in accuracy is because the tree owner has not done this, being blinkered to their own direct line.

Quote:
But the lack of clarity is frustrating. However, maybe we should let it go for now.
Surely the lack of clarity is what makes it interesting?! However, I agree that once you start to feel bogged down it may be better to move on to something different for a while. As long as you record everything you know or suspect so you can pick it up another time!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010