Thread: Thomas Clarke
View Single Post
Old 20-02-20, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
I don't know the answer to your Q. Where were the children born? (for some reason FMP refuses to show me any of them, or the document you linked to )
The children were born in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
I will look at the card when I get my FMP sub, definitely in the next few days, but in the meantime, FamilySearch has an Indiana, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth, born 1813 and baptised 1814, married a William Richard Chill and had several children. A tree on Ancestry has her parents as Thomas Clarke and Elizabeth Moon. Is she the same person as Adelaide? The tree says that Thomas was a timber merchant on his marriage record, and an indigo planter on Indiana's baptism record.
Sorry, she is Indiana. Thomas Mathews had a daughter, Adelaide.

Quote:
Thanks Kate.

Ancestry has some entries in the UK, Registers of Employees of the East India Company and the India Office, 1746-1939 ....

Bengal European Inhabitants

Thomas Clarke shipwright 1803
Thomas Clarke, carpenter, Bankipore, 1797

I checked the start of the As to see if there was anything to be sure what the date represented, but there was nothing.
I'll have a look, thank you.

Quote:
There are two other Clark(e) children with the 'right'parents, but no other identifying details:

Fanny and Mary Ann both in 1810. Their birth dates are two months apart though, so separate parents? (or a very unusual set of twins?!)
I've found them recently and I don't know but as you say the dates are strange and I can find no marriages for them, at least none that have helpful witnesses to identify them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
It says Copyright Society of Genealogists. This means an idefatiguable researcher in the late 1800s - early 1900s.
If FMP have no details, might be worth emailing the query to the SoG.
Good idea.