View Single Post
Old 01-02-19, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
After a cursory examination, my ancestors from the southern counties don't seem to be widely represented in my DNA matches. Now OH is quite interested in being tested as he is curious to see whether he will get matches to discover his grandmother's father.
It will be quite a bit of work to discover his grandmother's father, unless the matches have a family tree, and you know who you are looking for. You also need to know as many descendants' surnames as possible - I could see the male lines immediately, but the married females don't even retain their maiden name and some even use a pseudonym or nickname on their ancestry results.

Dad has a match with a weird nickname in the second cousin range - she matches with all his paternal cousins but has no family tree on ancestry. Its annoying because she also matches with the one Tupper family member I know and a few others linked to him, but I cannot tell why.

If he does test, I wish him lots of family trees linked to the DNA matches, who name his grandmother or great-grandfather in them.

Last edited by marquette; 01-02-19 at 22:38. Reason: username removed as it identifies the person