View Single Post
Old 31-01-19, 21:04

So I was a bit bored yesterday and expanded my Leeds Colour Chart for my Dad's DNA matches.

My 3xgreat grandfather had 6 children, 4 of whom settled in Australia. I grouped and coloured the DNA matches by the children, where I know or could find them by research.

I have 11 matches who are descendants of Edmund (my 2xg gf), 6 for Henry, 4 for Elizabeth and just one for Alfred.

Plus another 15 or so who are clearly closely related to them but I cannot work out which one from the information available.

So far no trees or information available to check for descendants of John or George (who stayed in England).

Those who are identified as Edmund's descendants, they come from 4 of his 10 children, so there is lots of research to do there. I stopped when I had listed 80 matches !

There are only a two who show matches with others who could be related to Dad's paternal grandmother and great grandmothers - though these will be restricted by the women being the only one of their siblings to have children.

On Dad's mother's side. There is only one match for her fathers family, in all of the Ancestry files - he and Dad have no other common matches. On her mother's family, there are matches with her fathers family, and her mothers family, but none match both, meaning, I presume that none of my grandmothers siblings or cousins descendants have done DNA tests.

The Leeds Colour Charting has been very useful in sorting out who Dad's matches are, but no so much in finding matches to prove or disprove my theories on his Sussex ancestors. I live in hope that more and more people are "doing" their DNA.

Di