Thread: Edward Jones
View Single Post
Old 07-04-12, 13:35
Administrator

Quote:
In 1901 he and his wife are in Llanwnnog. In 1891 there is a servant called Edward Jones aged 18 b Sheffield living at Tregynon which is less than five miles away. I would think this is fairly likely to be your Edward.

Or there's another one (they are both farm servants) at Cyfoeth y Brenin, Cardiganshire who is a couple of years younger. I've not worked out where that is yet though!!
Cyfoeth y Brenin is in the parish of Llanfihangel-Geneu'r-y-Glyn (I think!). This is 25 miles from Llanwnnog, which doesn't preclude it being your Edward, though perhaps less likely. This chap is 17, not 14 as the transcription states, so we have one 17 and one 18, one close to the 1901 address and one not so close. I did wonder if they might even be the same person, if he was moving from one job to the other! The lad in Cyfoeth y Brenin says he speaks English and Welsh and the other one just English, but I guess that doesn't help much.

Still not having any luck with the 1881 census.

There are people on this forum who have been looking for births of individuals from this era for 20 or 30 years plus (including me!)! Some will probably never be found - but don't give up yet! lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010