Thread: My DNA Results
View Single Post
Old 14-02-19, 06:48
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
If you go to the Ethnicity page it should tell you what northwestern europe means, assuming you used ancestry.

Good luck with the matches. I've found some useful information just by looking at online trees and seeing what I can prove from things I didn't know.
What is a bit annoying is some don't have trees on Ancestry but I am looking at the shared matches, which gives me an idea of which bit of the family the link comes from. I have been doing the same with the ones with private trees. Some only have 4 or 5 people on their trees!

There are a few trees on my matches where I cannot see any connection and they go back generations, one of them has a lot of Native American ancestors. I have a suspicion where the link is but I was going around in circles yesterday.

I was being a bit erratic yesterday but I think I shall now make a plan and get organised better because I think a couple could knock down a few brick walls.

I assume that when these people look at their matches and click on new I will appear?

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 14-02-19 at 06:51.