View Single Post
Old 27-12-10, 19:21

I'm sure you are right that the one with Walter in 1851 is "mine" as I think the occupation clinches it - Alexander is always a flax/hemp worker. But the other one with the Milne family, I am sure must be related.

My Alexander in 1891 says he was born in Keith (where William Milne was born). There are so many conflicitng facts between this 1891 Alexander and the 1881 Alexander that I would have thought they were two different people, except that the address is the same both times, 6 Farquahar Court, St Nicholas, Aberdeen.

Alex did indeed marry Christina McCaskill. He states his father is John Bonnyman on his marriage cert and that his mother is Isabella Chalmers Simpson. On his death cert, she is Isabella Bonnyman. This has been corrected by an RCE to read " illegitimate -reputed father John Bonnyman. Mother Isabella Chalmers later the wife of unknown Simpson". Alex's daughter was informant at his death, RCE made by the Procurator Fiscal.

Alex's son James Milne Bonnyman married Annie Reid Urquhart, who is the grandaughter of Alexander Milne, a farmer/quarrier of Old Machar. So there is a Milne connection for both sides.

A John Bonnyman married a Margaret Falconer (I originally thought these were my 3 x GGPs). They had a son Alexander Bonnyman bapt. 13 August 1840, Old Machar - how very very confusing, especially as they also had a James Smith Bonnyman, and this James Smith name appears as the middle name of one of my mother's brothers!

OC