View Single Post
Old 22-10-17, 15:13
Administrator

Well the mystery thickens!

I saw there were two likely Sarah Mann baptisms with father James in Sussex. One in Pulborough (25 Aug 1816) and the other in Hastings (12 Oct 1814).

I searched for Sarah Watson b Hastings in 1851 - nothing. Sarah Watson b Pulborough - Yes, and her husband is a dairyman from Water Stratford in Buckinghamshire aged 30. The 1841 census of Water Stratford shows a family headed by Josiah Watson, so that all ties together, EXCEPT Sarah's husband isn't called Josiah - he's called William Watson!!

A William Watson son of Josiah 'also' married at St Giles without Cripplegate in 1852 to Maria Streeter. He said he was a bachelor, but is he the same person who married Sarah Mann/Martin?

EDIT: Oooh! in 1851 there are two William Watson's almost the same age - the dairyman married to Sarah and the other one unmarried and a milk carrier. *feels headache coming on* lol

Anyway, it seems likely Sarah Mann from Pulborough married one of the William Martin's in Brighton and then, saying she was a widow (was she?), remarried in London. Was she the dau in law of James and Mary Martin of Marshall Row? and was it James and Mary's son who died in 1849? When did he and Sarah split up and was her William the partner of Elizabeth Berwick?

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010