View Single Post
Old 22-10-17, 12:58
Administrator

I don't know where I'm going with this, but there is a marriage of a William Martin, father James Martin, to a Sarah Mann, father James Mann on 24 Sep 1838 at St Nicholas, Brighton.

I thought this could be William the possible son of James and Mary Martin who died in 1849. I hoped I could find him with Sarah in 1841 and thereby eliminate him from our search for the correct William.

Not that straightforward! lol

Having got nowhere looking for possible children for this William and Sarah, I gave up with that and tried some other combinations. I found a Sarah Martin, widow, father James Mann labourer, marrying at St Giles without Cripplegate in the city of London on 5th Feb 1846. The groom was bachelor, Josiah Watson a milkman, son of Josiah Watson, also a milkman.

Of course if this was the same Sarah who married Wm Martin and he was the one who died in 1849 then she was not yet a widow, but I can't stop myself from wondering if the William she was married to was the one potentially living with Elizabeth Berwick.

Anyway, I thought it might be easy to find Josiah and Sarah and probably eliminate them.....No such luck!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010