View Single Post
Old 22-10-19, 15:44
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Well, they have all changed flags now, and become Norweigan! My aunt has gained some Germanic heritage (which neither sib's child nor I have inherited) while my cousin, who genuinely should have some, is now pure UK.

I was quite happy with a dash of French Ancestry - as Maggie says, there was a fair bit of channel hopping, with doubtless the odd Hanseatic League merchant settling in Norwich. My Bangays are, in some early records, spelled Banget, while Skillings seems a commoner surname in the Netherlands. Meanwhile, it is suggested that my Daglas roots were actually Scottish.
I would expect anyone with ancestors along the east coast from Scotland to maybe Harwich, Essex to have some Scandinavian, Flanders and the Netherlands in there. More inland not so much although London is a different case.

Looking at my 4th cousins and closer DNA matches the most descendents with the new Norway DNA seems to be my English side which surprised me to be honest, a few on the Scottish side but I haven't really done a good check to make a judgement.

Obviously I don't put too much store by it but it is interesting.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 22-10-19 at 15:58.