View Single Post
Old 17-09-10, 14:13

Default Wilhelmina Coralie Versigny FFMM

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Wilhelmina Coralie, or Coralie Wilhelmina, or Coraly, or possibly Minie, sometimes Adrienne, Surnames are Versigny, Logsdon and Scriven
I think she has signed as witness at 2 of her children's marriages lovely handwriting but illegible to me, she has signed in a French looking name, suggesting that she never actually married and was using her maiden name on a legal document, but used slightly different names on both. When I've worked out how to post a link to them I'll add them here.
Date and place of birth
abt 1935 Paris France
Names of parents
Napoleon Versigny and Marie Adrienne Deseaux
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
No idea, ]
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
lived as the wife of James Logsdon, first child born 1855, and also lived as wife of William Scriven from about 1881. No marriages found.
Occupation(s) - if any
None listed
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on.

1841- Not in the country
1849- Arrived in London with her father
1851-
1861- 25 Lambeth St, Whitechapel, Middlesex
1871- 58 Quaker St, Christchurch Spitalfields, London
1881- 63 Victoria Street, West Ham, Essex
1891- 25 Regents Row, Shoreditch, London
1901- 1 Whitney Rd, Leyton, Essex
1911- 14 Amberley Road, Leyton, Essex
1917- 29 Darnley Road, Hackney (Death cert)

Date, place and cause of death
22nd April 1917 Hackney Infirmary, Broken thigh from accidental fall at home. Inquest held 25th April 1917

Date and place of burial / cremation.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any

This lady was a real puzzle to me, thank you for all the help/inspiration recieved

Last edited by Sue at the seaside; 07-07-13 at 22:15. Reason: Update of the findings by the wonderful people here, and death info