View Single Post
Old 20-10-13, 09:21

Thanks Kate and Janet. I still haven't done anything about getting Fred's certificate. I already have my grandfather's (Fred's eldest brother),ordered from that source Janet gives so know that New York certificates give place and date of birth, parents' names (including mother's maiden name), their ages, places of birth, address and father's occupation....all of which I already know. To be honest, I don't feel I can justify sending for a certificate which would only be for the sake of having it. What I would really like to know is, does he have any descendants? I have never found any descendants of my gt. grandparents, other than my sister and me and our children so it would be a wonderful thing to find we had cousins in America.

Oh Janet, I do wish the Fred Lenhart who worked in a circus WAS my great uncle. What a fantastic thing to be able to boast of!!! Actually, no, I don't have any proof of an early death for my Gt Uncle Fred. Familysearch just says he is deceased - highly likely since he would now be 114 years old. There is the fact that he isn't listed with the rest of the family on the 1900 census which might suggest he died in infancy. However, my gt grandmother is shown on that census as having given birth to 8 children, 5 of whom are still alive in 1900....but only 4 are on the census in the family home. My grandfather, the eldest, aged 20, is there and the next in age is 10 years younger than him, followed by two more who are 7 and 4 so there is a big gap. Who is and where is the 5th child? He or she is most likely to come between my grandfather and his 10 year old sister I think, suggesting that Fred had died.

I am glad my posting lead to you finding out more about your own family Janet. Isn't it funny how that can happen?