View Single Post
Old 03-04-16, 22:12

Hi Glen

Thanks for the updates and corrections - sometimes its hard to tell whether ancestry has picked up baptisms or burials. I think I will have to page through the familysearch images which I have not seen before. I knew familysearch had some images available, but they are rarely places I need.

Also the name variations do my head in. And I know there is another Brazill family around Quainton Bucks, who may or may not have some connection and some in Gloucestershire also - a few strays of mine drifted over that way and also to Scotland. There also seems to be Brazills in Ireland.

From a handwritten letter held by NSW State Records (1834, by Samuel Custins Brazill) I know that those of my family who could write spelt their name BRAZILL, not with an "E" or an "S".

Off to make corrections to my tree - oh, if they had a son Nathaniel, there is also a baptism for Jacob son of Nathaniel and Mary in 1714, so there is even more to be done.

And a 1693 burial for William Brazill in Bermondsey could do with further investigation

Di