View Single Post
Old 28-02-19, 06:09

I found this when I looked at Ancestry this morning. Actually I found it quite useful.

We have some matches which we could not place within the family tree. The Thru lines show that one of them is the granddaughter of my 2nd cousin. He is linked to a family tree which I can see, but i noted that she is linked to a tree of 5 private people - today this has been upgraded to 25 people, although many are still private. So the Thru Lines are matching private (living people) if they share DNA.

Some go down to matches as small as 7cm and one appears to be a descendant of a presumed (on my part) brother of my 3x great grandfather. Another one is descendant of my great grandfathers half sister, I am looking forward to having a further look at her tree!

Until now, I have not looked at any matches below 25cms, unless they have an attached tree (and even then its rare to find a common name), so I have missed these very small matches.

At this point, I am happy to think that I have reached a point where I am happy to say my mysterious 3xg grandfather Charles Tupper is a brother of James and William, with two descendants with whom we share DNA.

For what I have been able to look at briefly, I cant see any one who might share DNA through my Brighton ancestors.

Di