View Single Post
Old 21-03-11, 03:03

I think talking to him about his sources would be a good idea Julie. Getting info from LDS is a bit dodgy unless you see the actual film. I must admit to not know about submitted entries when i started this lark and that gave me all sorts of trouble.

I've also got bad info from the State Library by using others' trees and stories. One has a bit of wrong info and the next embellishes it and it goes on.

I wonder if the Ducroix story was along the lines of a tryst rather than an actual marriage. Those things can grow legs if people start talking.....lol.

I don't think Amelia DuCroix and Emily Banham are the same person. Of course I can't prove that but there are many things pointing that way.

My ggg grandfather's marriage of 1818 is documented in his records. He was a sergeant at the time. The records also tell when he took leave etc. Although he was in the WI and other places, he managed to get home to 'pro-create' every couple of years.

Maybe if you tell him, you've been trying to find certain records and ask if he'd help you, at least you'll know where he got them from.