View Single Post
Old 16-10-20, 09:25
Administrator

I can't see your link because my sub to FMP has expired (!) but assuming it's the parish record entry, I wonder what you would receive if you ordered a copy of the GRO version?

Do you have any Quaker marriage records with everyone present as a witness?

I only have these for pre-1837, as the Quakers on my direct line all married in non-Quaker ceremonies after that date, except one couple - My great-grandparents married in the Quaker Meeting House in Adderbury, Oxfordshire, but I've never purchased a copy of the GRO certificate because I have this hanging on our dining room wall:

It's not a great photo because of the reflections! My g-grandfather, Henry Clark was an artist as well as a teacher, and was good at calligraphy!

There are 12 witness signatures at the bottom. I doubt that was everyone at the wedding - more likely the only people Henry managed to have sign this version, given he probably created it after the event and he and his wife lived about 80 miles away from Adderbury. There could be further signatures on the reverse - I've never seen it out of the frame.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010