View Single Post
Old 06-01-10, 10:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstonite View Post
Having now read all the replies I am flabbergasted Merry....It makes me feel so inadequate...I`ll never be good at this...the one thing I am a little upset about is she died in 1958....I was 7....and I can`t remember her...heard loads and loads about her...and because of the Zipporah name, you obviously remember that name....thank you very very much Merry...Sakespeare st / Hughes St / Otway St are all "under the bridge "streets in Garston...
Martha lived in Clarence Grove OFF Otway St when she married Daniel Oakes..so they were obviously close....my nan Martha died a year before I was born in 1950 so my dad lost his mum before his nan....
NEVER heard of the Mc Namara family ...and don`t know of any in Garston...so My dad was born in 1926 , his elder brother in 1924...so Martha would have had step siblings aged 18 15 and twelve at the time....sorry Merry , but I have to go back to my tree...my dads cousin was named BENTHAM and I have never never found the connection...maybe its thru the Mc Namara line....back soon and thank you so much...you`re a star....allan
I guessed you would say that about overlapping with her for a few years, but not knowing her.

I remember a bit more I didn't post yesterday - Veronica McNamara married a Bentham and had four sons and a daughter between 1930 and 1940. I had a look to see if any of them are on GR but don't seem to be. The children were all born in Liverpool. The reason I didn't post that before was that whan I found Veronica Bentham's death record her date of birth (on the death entry) didn't match up with the date of birth for Veronica McNamara on the army record for her father (at least I didn't think it matched - I haven't re-checked it!), so I thought I'd better not muddy the waters with info that might not be relevent. Sounds like it is though!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better after your slip up the other night?!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010