View Single Post
Old 14-04-12, 03:18

Have you already looked for clues on TNA, Kite? Perhaps they were not just farmers, but blacksmiths? I'm guessing that Trayles and Treale are perhaps the same as the places listed on maps.familysearch.org as Treales and Treals in Kirkham, Lancs which are within 5 miles of Inskip and Woodplumpton.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a...-dda&cid=-1#-1

[no title] DDA 185 13 Oct. 1802
Contents:
Lease for 3 lives at 4/- a year: for £56: Edward, Earl of Derby, to Thomas Rawlinson of Trayles, blacksmith -- a close in Trayles called Wignall Field, 1a1r18p -- for the lives of Henry (29), John (25), & Margaret (19), children of T.R. Witn: Daniel Alty, James Heyes. Heraldic seal.

[no title] DDA 186 21 Apr. 1829
Contents:
Indenture of Apprenticeship: (i) John Rawlinson of Treale, blacksmith, (ii) John his son (18) & (iii) Richard Hoghton of Marton, blacksmith. Witn: John Whiteside. Seals.

[no title] DDA 257 18 Oct. 1763
Contents:
Lease for 2 lives at 2/- a year: for £10: Sir George Warren of Pointon, co. Chester, to Thomas Miller of Woodplumpton, husbandman -- a cottage & 3ac. in Catforth Quarter late in the tenure of Adam Eccles -- For the lives of Richard Eccles (54) & Grace Eccles (57). Witn: Peter Mottram, Thomas Rawlinson. Seal.

These turned up on a Google search of "Thomas Rawlinson" Woodplumpton 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783.

Janet (Niagara)