View Single Post
Old 14-01-11, 17:21
maggie_4_7

Sorry after I posted that I realised I was working from notes on baptisms passed to me rather than birth dates on the actual baptism records that I've obviously downloaded!

But I decided that there was still a conundrum on the name and was considering editing my post yet again but hadn't got around to it ... Sorry

Yes I have seen that baptism and it is possible that it's another son William born earlier that died and then William and Ann had another and called him the same name. We (i.e our Family Historians) believe it could be the first child. Hatter and Dyer aren't too far apart in occupations but we've never been able to prove one way or the other as yet because we've never found a marriage for William and Ann and where they come from.

And I've yet to look at that census but I think you just might have found them they did have an Amelia although her baptism has never been found yet I think she is Harriet Amelia (which we've found a baptism for) we found a marriage in 1847 for Amelia Horton to a man called Samuel William Hill.

Shall go and look now at the census.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 14-01-11 at 17:27.