View Single Post
Old 28-04-20, 09:29

Default Potter Family (kidderminster/Wrexham) 1800's

Hi

Can I get some more help please? I cannot think of how else to continue as everything I try draws a blank. I am still at the stage where I need help, but unable to offer my help due to me being relatively new. Apologies.

I have a Louisa Potter (b. circa 1867/1868). She was the daughter of Richard and Ann Potter (Jones). Richard was born in Kidderminster and Ann was born in Ruabon, Wales (UK). Richard was born circa 1837 and Ann circa 1842 (married 28/10/1854).

So many trees on Ancestry have Louisa as marrying an Edward Jones and then dying as Louisa Jones in 1893. They also have Louisa having quite a large family (children, grand children etc). However, regardless of how I search (ancestry/FMP/Gro) I cannot find a parish marriage or civil marriage anywhere. Whether one tree on Ancestry knows for definite they got married, and everyone else has just copied this info? I however need to see some sort of evidence before adding to my tree, which I cannot find. A similar issue is where I am finding a family on a census, but some of the children have no record on Gro (also the Potter family). I thought Gro had everything?

Thanks
Nick