View Single Post
Old 23-05-19, 00:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I can see that it can reinforce very poor research, and I'm curious to know what happens if there is a conflict, but it's odd that relationships are appearing without a tree in place that we have entered ourselves.
There is nothing to do with a conflict but ignore it. I was so excited, someone had parents for a brickwall. I looked into it, spent and hour or so working things out only to disprove it then went to write comments on my notes on my tree only to discover I had already disproven that person in the past. I can't get rid of the thruline which is annoying as she has followed this wrong line up for several more generations so I'm not getting any other thruline options at those levels either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I find it slightly alarming that I've got a thru lines link with someone whose tree is locked and private, showing the exact relationship.
It is private but searchable, in that it would appear in a search marked as private. They have the option to make it private AND unsearchable and you should then not be able to find it.