Thread: Charles Sayer
View Single Post
Old 04-06-11, 15:50
maggie_4_7

I've found a tree on ancestry that I am checking against the baptisms (pausing ocassionally to look on here because of the tedium) but I think in total if the tree is correct James and Elizabeth had:

James Sayer married Ann Platfoot
William Sayer married Elizabeth Raper emigrated to the USA in the 1830s
Susannah Sayer married Robert Newson
Elizabeth Sayer married John Leeder
Martha Sayer married ?
John Sayer married ?
Thomas Taylor Sayer married Elizabeth Wymer had some children she died and he then married Mary Elsegood Collins and emigrated to the USA taking the younger of Elizabeth's children and all of Mary's and then he had a load more when he got there.
Robert Sayer married Sophia Swanton in London but then went back to Norfolk lost him thinks he also emigrated can't find him his wife or two children.
Edmund/Edward Sayer married Mary Gall stayed in Norfolk
John Sayer died age 23
Samuel Sayer died aged 18
Benjamin Sayer married Margaret Newson his sister Susannah's husband Robert's sister!
Charles Sayer <----- my ancestor moved to Shoreditch, London with his second wife and all their children plus the children from his first wife Sophia.
Joseph Sayer married Hannah Spraggs in London and had 9 children only 2 seems to have survived infancy Hannah died too and he married Sarah Sparkes.

Edited to to put Edmund/Edward in I never did I forgot to and also the tree owner was quite correct Thomas Taylor Sayer and William Sayer both emigrated to the USA in the 1830s and created another Dynasty in St Lawrence County and Oswego County New York State. All these fact I have verified myself and they are true.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 17-03-12 at 13:06.