View Single Post
Old 23-06-11, 20:37

Thanks Kite! Valuable information.

When you say that the marriage is on ancestry now, with witnesses William Musgrave and William Booth (and saying nothing about Thomas being a minor), you mean the marriage of Thomas Jackson and Hannah Stead in 1794 in Guiseley, yes?

So I don't know if these are the right parents, but the wrong dob for Thomas; or else the right dob, wrong marriage, i.e., there could be another Thomas Jackson who married a Hannah.

I think I will order Ann's birth cert at the very least, as she is my direct ancestor. How much info is (or is not) on there in 1810? (Mother's maiden name? I'll be lucky in those days if it even has her mother's first name, I suppose.)

I could order Ann's marriage cert too. But marriage cert will not give me her mother's name; will give me father's occupation, though, and Ann Jackson married 6 Aug 1836 so I might see if it still says her father is a clothier (if he's not retired and listed simply as "gentleman", or deceased).

Am asking myself how much I really need to nail down whether Elizabeth and George are mine, but I would like to know after all; and it bears upon whether I want to explore the rest of that person's mundia tree. If she's just glued my Jacksons onto her Jackson tree without noticing that the parents are not the same, I can save myself that effort!

Janet (Niagara)