View Single Post
Old 19-10-19, 07:15
Administrator

Quote:
Does this help at all, or just make you more confused? It did my head in for a time.

Di
Um, well, I would probably have to read it again (maybe more than once!) - I will do that a bit later.

Quote:
Either they didn't take a DNA test, or they are distant enough that they don't actually share DNA with you even though you have shared ancestors, or their trees (or yours!) are wrong.
How very dare you (that last bit)!!!!!!! I know there are people 'out there' with both sides of my tree on their tree even though they are extremely unlikely to be related to both. I don't know if that could be having an impact?

What do you mean, "they didn't take a DNA test" - I had assumed (yeh, I know) everyone in my DNA results would have taken a DNA test

Quote:
It's up to you, but I usually leave them out if they look likely to confuse the issue.
OK. As I have no idea who is confusing the issue (where I can only identify a tree connection in two people in a group of 20 people and those two people appear to be connected to me in completely different ways), I'm going to delete all the groups I've made and go back to just looking at the ones that show a common ancestor and see if I can work out if I can safely group some of those together. I'll worry about all these other people later!

I'm not yet feeling as if my mental block with this is clearing yet!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010