View Single Post
Old 14-02-12, 23:14

Default Lockhart descendant

Hi Jennifer

I too am a descendant from John and Emily down the Lockhart line - my grandmother was the daughter of Edward Charles Lockhart and his second wife Barbara Agatha Curran.

Your ancestor had a fascinating story, I'd love to know more!

If it's not too forward I'd love to see what you have and am happy to share what I have.

Hope you're well

regards
Michael Osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Dawn View Post
Hello Amanda and Julie

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your comments. Last year we had a serious medical emergency and I lost track. I'm ready to go on.

Back to Emily Du Croix (McCrohon)...........my grandmother Veronica Chantrill nee Hunt was the daughter of Mary Ellen Lockhart..........she was the daughter of Edward Lockhart and Mary Delanty. My Aunt who is over 80 years old told me this story, and I have Mary Ellens wedding certiicate to Alfred Hunt (NSW marriage). Edward and Mary Delanty were engaged, and she became pregnant and he abandoned her and went off somewhere. The Delanty family were religious Catholics, Marys 2 sisters were Nuns..........can you believe the scandal OMG.
My Aunt told me that the Delanty family dumped the baby on the Lockharts doorstep. What I can verify is that Mary Ellen's wedding certificate states that she was adopted by her Grandfather William Lockhart. This does add substance to my Aunt's story.
What is vital to this story is that my grandmother Veronica Hunt knew Adelaide Lockhart as her GRANDMOTHER, Edward being out of the picture and we now know living in Sydney where he married someone else. My grandmother knew Adelaide to be half French, and that Emily was born in France and a Frenchwoman. My grandmother was 16 when Adelaide died, so there is no doubt.
Emily baptised several of the younger children of herself and John McCrohon 2 months before dying. I have the records. Emily gave her maiden name as Du Croix.
Also important is that French people tell me my grandmother looks very French.
If any of you are related to the Lockhart, McCrohon families, I would be happy to discuss this further. I have added my email contact to my membership on this website. Kind regards Jennifer