View Single Post
Old 18-05-22, 08:52
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
He married Esther Sharp in 1853 and was a mariner. I can't find either of them after that.

Frederick may have married in 1859 but his father was a copper ___. I can't read it but it is not like a butcher so I'm not sure.
The copper thing is copper smith, so unlikely to be the butcher.

Re Richard Browning and Esther Sharp, I did find this birth reg. The only one with these surnames in the first 10 years after the 1853 marriage.

BROWNING, FREDERICK ARTHUR mmn SHARP
GRO Reference: 1859 M Quarter in POPLAR UNION Volume 01C Page 658

I spent ages looking for him anywhere else and got nowhere. That led me to look for Esther Sharp so I could get a better idea for search criteria.

This looks like the baptism of Esther:

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...a3&pId=1846702

bap 25 Dec 1833 born 31 Jul 1830 bap St Matthew, Bethnal Green father James a weaver, mother Elizabeth.

In 1841 she is 11 living with her parents in Bethnal Green. In 1851 there are two Esther Sharp(e)s, born Shoreditch, one aged 21 and the other 19. Both servants away from home.

Having done that I then found:

BROWNING, ESTHER 25
GRO Reference: 1856 J Quarter in CLERKENWELL Volume 01B Page 338

So, the 1859 birth for Frederick A Browning looks like a red herring, unless Richard had a relationship with Esther's sister, or something!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010