Thread: John McMillan
View Single Post
Old 24-04-10, 07:24
maggie_4_7

Thank you very much.

I've a had a quick look but still can't find what you've found even with all your pointers but I'm sure you're right you usually are. I'll have another look in a few hours I need to get on and get ready.

It is probably them by the sound of it. You've done it again Kite

Edit:

Well I found them it took me a long while I had to take McMillan off and just search for John to get them to come up. Haven't looked at the 1891 or 1901 yet but they had a daughter Janet Ferguson McMillan who married James Harper in 1898 in Old Cumnock, Ayr. I didn't know that until now (with your information) though but I searched for a marriage based on those two names just now on SP.

Janet would be 29 in 1901 but I expect its a mistranscription or difficult to read. So that is him. Well he lived quite an age considering the hard life he had. I must try to track John and Mary's death now I have tried to but now I know he was alive in 1901 it'll be a bit easier and now I have also found a marriage for one of their daughters after the 1891 census where both John and Mary haven't got deceased by their names yet but Janet has put Mary's maiden name as Irvine as I've seen on various births, deaths, marriages both the name Irvine and the name Duffy!

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 24-04-10 at 10:42.