Thread: Dorothy Bibby
View Single Post
Old 14-08-19, 08:34
Administrator

Yes, I agree. Probably Dorothy's birth certificate would be best, in case her parents are not who we expect!

I've just deleted a very long post detailing the life of Leonard Bibby b 10 Mar 1905 at Gorton (his dob is on his baptism record) who I thought might be Martha's husband (just in case it came in useful later on!). He moved to Hertfordshire, married Gwendoline North in the late 1950s and died in 1970. She died in 2000.

I deleted the long post because I've just found the 1905 Leonard in 1939 married to Mary b 16 May 1905, living in Luton Beds. No one else in their household. There are no marriages for a Leonard Bibby to a Mary 1937-1939, so I assumed (lol) he was never Martha's husband.

However, when I look at marriages for Leonard Bibby 1922-1939 there are still none to a Mary.

Now I'm thinking this 1905 Leonard could still be a candidate for being Martha's husband as there is this marriage:

Leonard Bibby Jan 1954 Jan-Feb-Mar Luton Bedfordshire spouse Mary W Davenport Or Gannon

There's a Mary Gannon (no middle initial) marrying Arthur Davenport in 1924 in Manchester and there's a couple of Mary Gannon births in the right Q in 1905 - one in Manchester. So, if Leonard and Mary were living together in 1939, not married, then Leonard could still have previously been Martha's husband.

Mary Gannon didn't die until 1963 in Luton. Hopefully she and Leonard were divorced as he married Gwendoline North in 1959!

Now this post is just as long as it was originally, but with less detail! lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010