Thread: Robert Bristow
View Single Post
Old 20-11-18, 16:58
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post

I don't think this can be the Robert Bristow baptised 6 Dec 1729 at St Stephen, Norwich, the son of Robert and Sarah, as there is a burial 22 Feb 1729/30 at the same church, Robert, son of Robert Bristow.
I've been searching on FreeREG and FamilySearch, and Robert Bristow married Sarah Bullock 2 Feb 1728/9. Then they had the above son Robert who died young, and then there is a John Bristol, son of Robert and Sarah, baptised 16 Apr 1738, also at St Stephen. I don't see a separate marriage for Robert Bristol and Sarah. There is a Sarah Bristow burial 13 Apr 1743 at St Stephen, and a Robert Bristoll burial 1 Mar 1773 at St John the Baptist Maddermarket, age 64. Also a Robert Bristow, widower, married Elizabeth Stannard 28 Oct 1754 at St Stephen.

If both children belong to the same Robert and Sarah couple, there could be a few children missing between the Robert jr who died and John, couldn't there? Maybe another Robert jr? Unfortunately I can't find a baptism! I suppose I should look at the actual images now.

Also, it's possible that Abraham Bristow of Norwich may be descended from John Bristow of Binsted, Hampshire (see post 5), but there are a few missing links in there at the moment!

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update

Last edited by kiterunner; 20-11-18 at 18:34. Reason: correct marriage date