View Single Post
Old 10-11-14, 22:58

Goodness me, just found a reply I typed this morning but forgot to post!!!! (It was only to say that Rochdale Rd is a very long road indeed, over 1100 house numbers and that my Thomas Bell's children's names echo the names of John Bell's children. I know they are very common names, but still)

I've had a really good look at this and I am sure that Thomas Bell and John Bell are related in some way, probably nephew and uncle - Thomas Bell's mother being a sister of John Bell and Mary Bell perhaps.

Also - the Grestys finish up at 5 Mount Street. Thomas Bell married from 7 Mount Street. Again, could just be coincidence but it is an enticing detail.

Also - again maybe just coincidence - but one of Thomas's grandaughters marries a man named Worthington. I never followed that at the time because it was getting to be rather distant - I will look at that anew.

George Bell, baptised 1825 whilst parents lived in Tinker Lane. My Garlick/Whittakers, also painters and plumbers lived in Tinker Lane at that time, so undoubtedly knew each other.

Once again, thankyou so much for your help Kate. I had really given up any hope of getting any further with this.

OC