View Single Post
Old 26-11-19, 19:05

Thank you both for your efforts.

Merry - I don't think the Catherine wife of James Quigley is likely, unless you are saying she re-married another Quigley, and had another child Ann by him ?!! I have placed an order for the DC for the Catherine Quigley that Elizabeth identified - so may be able to confirm whether it's the correct one when I receive it.

However, I have also discovered another burial for Catherine Quigley on 28 Aug 1883 in the same cemetery Ford, Liverpool - just a few dozen pages before the other Catherine page 376 ! No age is given or address - it says in the Remarks, 'Coroners Order'. I don't know what that means ?

Elizabeth - the Mary Ann death details you have given could be a likely possibility, as in the Remarks column it says 'South Hospital'......presumably where she died. This hospital was at the end of the street where the family lived in 1851 - so if they were still there in 1858, then it's very close. But, it also says age 'not given' (?) so can't be sure ? Although, she is not shown in the 1871 Census, so would fit (mind you, if she was alive in 1871 she would have been 32 and mostly likely living with her own family if she had one ?).

The other thing about this record is that it shows 5 others with the same grave number - could this have been a paupers public grave ?