Thread: Jones' of Rhos
View Single Post
Old 25-04-20, 15:25

Default Jones' of Rhos

Hi All

Thanks very much for the previous help. I learned a lot about research and about my family. I now have another quandary which I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light please?

My great grandfather was David Jones b. 1862. He married Mary Ann Potter (1866 to 1946) and they were both born in Ruabon/Rhos.According to what I have found, David had a few siblings; Absalom, Mary and William Thomas. I am struggling a little with Absalom due to it being an unusual name, but I don't want to make assumptions. It may have been a very popular welsh name back then. My query is with David's parents. The age difference keeps changing every 10 years between him and his wife, Sarah Bellis. I think he starts off 3 years older (1871), then 10 years older (1881) and then 6 years older (1891). I am obviousy doing something wrong, but surely even back then, people would know their exact age? Or do I have the wrong census's?

I am now a paid subscriber to both Ancestry and FMP, as I agree with someone who previously helped me; FMP is great for certain things whilst Ancestry is better for others. I am also subscribing to newspapers.com which I find very useful.

Many thanks
Nick