View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 12:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Poor little John Chatterley: trying to get a potato from the oven and his flannelette clothing catching fire. The day before the Armistice. Do you suppose that that contributed to his parents splitting up?
Maybe. Kathleen was pregnant when John died. She had that baby in April 1919 and then probably another with John Henry in Q4 1920 (though I can't be certain if they were together then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Now you've done the hard work - Alfd (Albert on FreeBMD and on the GRO site) James Udy, age 2, parish St John, section A, Div 216, No. 29, depth 5, interment no 28990, date of burial 29/6/04, Observations: Catholic, 34071 Chatterley.
Oooh, I was hoping my fairly godmother might find the right entry whilst I was slaving over a hot stove! I was getting jittery in case the numbers were going to hop straight over 28990.

The depth for Emily Chatterley was also five feet.

Would they normally put a Catholic with a C of E? Samuel and Kate baptised their Birmingham children C of E, but I wondered if Kathleen Rafferty (who should have nothing to do with Emily!) might have been RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Of course I don't see an obvious birth reg for Alfred or Albert James Udy. There is an Alfred Lewis Udy birth in Bodmin district in 1901, but there is a likely death for him in 1955.
Of course - that sounds about right!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010