Thread: Margaret Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-12-09, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
Sounds like the sort of thing they wrote if the marriage had been annulled. Copies of such marriage certs are not supposed to be issued if requested.

I'm not sure that is the same Joseph Lynch who remarried in 1912 as there is a Joseph P T Lynch on the 1911 census near to Fulham, but he was b in Yorkshire about 1875 (having said that, there is no obvious birth reg for this man, so maybe he is the other one with very different details?

I did write a long post on here yesterday after I posted up those two marriages, but it's not here now!
Jan and I have been stuck on this for so long - thanks for giving us something new to think about !!

I did successfully send off for that cert before the LMA records came online. We did wonder whether Margaret Swallow (nee Ralph) was my great grandmother, although she was born in Northumberland. My mother says her grandmother (Margaret Lynch) had a London accent though.

My great aunt said her mother (Margaret Lynch) was born in Ireland and was in the circus and the man she said was her father may have "taken her in". She was prone to getting confused in later years though so take that with a pinch of salt.

Alfred Leonard Leon's birth was never registered either just to make it even more confusing. He said his father was Alfred Leon, a publican, on his marriage certificate. Can't find him on 1901 either.