View Single Post
Old 02-06-19, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethHerts View Post
Someone has got my Quaker 5x-great-grandmother, born to Quaker parents, born in Whittlebury, Northants in 1754 (correct), then baptised in Chelmsford in 1736 and again in Derby in 1754. Her mother supposedly died in 1757 in Wellington, Salop, and she was baptised again in 1770 in Cheshire!!

I feel a headache coming on.
It sounds like Ancestry is relying on people's personal tree research - as opposed to professional researchers' results - if so, they are often going to contain errors. And if so, that's not very professional of Ancestry - they should clearly state the nature of these trees, where they came from & so forth. Also, the various research sites do not always come up with identical results on searches, so if Ancestry is just taking privately uploaded trees and presenting them as fact - there are going to be inconsistencies galore, it seems to me?

Do hope Ancestry is not doing this, and that I am wrong. Otherwise we may be looking at a virtual mountain of misinformation being generated, which is not going to help anyone at all, casual or professional researchers alike, I fear.