View Single Post
Old 16-02-10, 19:08
maggie_4_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
At least you know not to hunt too hard for that marriage now, Maggie.
Well I have found all the children's birth certs who are on the census with Mary which is no mean feat considering they moved all over the Scottish hills and dales. I now wonder if they had catholic baptisms like Elizabeth did! Most likely.

I am very pleased about that. I didn't have any of those except my ancestor's (Elizabeth McMillan) until Sunday. I probably will never find John and Mary's marriage but you never know.

James McMillan 19 November 1856 - Douglas, Lanarkshire, Scotland

John McMillan 1 February 1859 - Kirkpatrick Juxta, Dumfrieshire, Scotland

Elizabeth McMillan 13 August 1861 - Inveresk, Musselburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (which I already had).

Mary McMillan 12th November 1863 - Moffatt, Dumfrieshire, Scotland

William Andrew Fox McMillan 31st December 1866 - Troqueer, Peebleshire, Scotland

Thomas McMillan 27th November 1867 - Closeburn, Dumfrieshire, Scotland

Margaret Swords McMillan 22 July 1870 - Roberton, Roxburghshire, Scotland

Janet Ferguson McMillan 11 October 1872 - Tynron, Dumfrieshire, Scotland

George Murray Henderson McMillan 19 October 1876 - Corsock Bridge in the Stewardry of Kirkcudbright, Scotland

Plus I found William and Thomas' marriage certs too. There's a few gaps in those births probably some born and died between census. It was Thomas that had actually got Public roadside on farm of Auchencairn as the actual location the others were just a village or farm name.

Sorry its such a long post and probably unneccessary to post it but I was so pleased to find them and without Kiterunner's help I wouldn't have.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 16-02-10 at 20:24.