View Single Post
Old 06-02-17, 19:29

Hi Merry, yes my money is on the Charles Wilford and Martha Allen marriage but I've yet to find any children baptised to them in either CofE or non-conformist chapels. Neither left a Will either unfortunately. The Allens of Long Buckby were apparently non-conformist at that time and the Long Buckby Independent Chapel doesn't have any records before sometime in the 1790s which would exclude four of the five siblings by their probable ages on census/burials. Its possible they could be baptised in a chapel whose registers are missing or are deposited with a County Records Office rather than the National Archives and haven't been indexed/digitised yet. Its only a theory and so far not provable. There are a couple of other Wilfords born around that time in the Naseby/Market Harborough area, one of whom lists Naseby as his birthplace on the 1851 Census, but I've yet to work out who either of their parents were. Just wish I could find something to prove the parent's theory but finding Martha Timbs nee Wilford's Will has been very helpful in confirming five siblings and excluding several sets of parents. Having been researching this line for 17 years I'm hoping at some point to be able to confirm the parents beyond any doubt.