View Single Post
Old 12-01-20, 07:51
Administrator

If this man didn't actually leave, then he could be Joshua Naylor who was buried 6 Mar 1855 at Rastrick aged 63. On the 1851 census he is a widower and a hand loom weaver (woollen), b Heckmondwike, Yorkshire (3.6 miles away) and in 1841 a fancy weaver, in both cases living in Rastrick. In both instances he is living with his unmarried nephew Jubal (?) Naylor, who marries in 1855 using the name Jubal Naylor Holroyd (no father recorded), is on the 1861 census in that name and transcribed as Jabal W Oldroyd in 1871 (Ancestry)!

If there are any unusual names on that list of signatures, perhaps you should check to see if there's any evidence of them leaving, or staying in, the UK.

I know you are often interested in snippets of information only perhaps loosely connected to the search, so...

The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band (formed 1881) reached number 2 in the UK singles chart in Nov 1977 with The Floral Dance and remained at that position for several weeks, whilst at number 1 was Mull of Kintyre by Wings (Paul McCartney's band). The B&R Brass Band kept the Bee Gees, with How Deep is Your Love, from going higher than number 3. In the UK at least, I should think all these tracks are well known by people of a certain age, even if they are not music lovers!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010