Thread: Essex Ancestors
View Single Post
Old 12-11-11, 12:05
maggie_4_7

Well I have managed to get back two more generations on one of OH's line on both sides and harvested quite a few baptisms and marriages to backup info I already had from someone but me being me like to see the evidence. They didn't have any documents to show me and said to me 'oh I'm sure that's right because so and so has had it on their tree for years'!!

But my god there's so many with the same names all intermarrying I know they're all connected but not sure how at the moment but if I saved all the images I'd not have enough room on my PC eventually.

Managed to get another two days subscription because of hassle last week so now I am on the trail of the other set of Lewseys who married the Clarks unfortunately the Cole side is a dead end I can't seem to find anything further back than what I already have for Thomas Cole born about 1800 Witham, Essex well I can't find a baptism but one of the church records only start in middle 1800s so I expect thats the one. Although I did find his marriage to Mary Beard and his children's baptisms so they are confirmed now too.

Bloody expensive though not if you can do it all in one week but obviously one can't usually but its still worth it if you have to travel long way or you can't travel that far at the moment.

I think I will send an email to them though about the charges and also the coverage and expectation just from a customer service point of view maybe they'll take it on board. I don't think people mind paying for things but it needs to be sensible in the charging structure.