View Single Post
Old 17-12-19, 07:18
Administrator

I couldn't find him in 1911, 1939 or a death, so I wasn't really looking for a marriage.

If you are intent on finding a marriage, then you need to make a list of all Charles Flowers' born across a wide date spread and then see if you can eliminate any of the marriages by linking other Charles Flowers to those marriages and proving each one as best you can. Hopefully you will only be looking at a small list of unidentified marriages at the end - then you would most likely need to buy the certificates for the remaining men to see if any of them had the right detail to fit your man. You could do a similar thing with death registrations. You might need to include Flewer too and with or without the S on the end.

I think I did look briefly at army records for 1901 onwards plus WW1, but being a miner was a reserved occupation, so he may not have served. Having said that, lots of miners did have a role in WW1.

You could also try looking in Scotland. I'm afraid it's so long since I posted about him, I don't remember if I looked there or not! There's also emigration records to consider too. Perhaps he left the UK between 1901 and 1911?

As you have traced some of his siblings lines forward, maybe you should concentrate on them as it's possible someone will know what happened to him and save you loads of work!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010