View Single Post
Old 17-06-18, 15:23

Hi , I understand that point , the problem being that I do nor know the naissence of his grandfather or the arondissement as Paris was a big area to search . it would be a mere guess. As he is in the British protectorate of Uganda marrying Leona guillon in 1912 . I spend two months a year in France but have never had the time to search the archives Nationale in person . The reason I started a thread is someone said that this should be a thread in its own right . I can find a few persons with his name in Paris as it is not a common French name for the area , it's very common in the department of Aveyron . But it would be a total guess as which is the right person as I have know idea of his age it would be guess work . All I do know is that Francois marcellin Alcouffe was born in Paris date not known we believe he had a sister who we believe was born there , name similar to obertte and she was a star of stage in Paris .thats all I go on . We know that Francois s father was Gerome Alcouffe as one marriage paper in Uganda . If you can help I would be most grateful . My husbands mother and
Farther are no longer alive and a aunt in Denmark has now passed away so there isn't anyone to ask any more . Thanks