View Single Post
Old 09-07-11, 22:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly Mint View Post
Merry, i've looked at the surnames and done a search on here, nothings showing up.

It's 99.9% likely to be a complete red-herring. I can't really post the details - It's a death notice in The Times - as two of the people mentioned may well still be alive. I have tried to sort out how they fit together - mainly for the purposes of eliminating them altogether, but am having real trouble doing so.

For those of you who have access to The Times and also have time on your hands! lol ....Search term:

Wicks and Dowsett

and look at the death notice for 29th Aug 1977 for Florence Hilda Baxter. The only bit I can see that ties in, is a marriage for female Thompson to male Wicks, but whilst male Wicks has parents, I can't see that his father (who married in 1936) was ever born.

I'm also thinking maybe at least one of these women has been married more than once making the task even more difficult, esp when it's probably a completely unconnected family. It's just seeing those two surnames in the same sentence made alarm bells ring, especially with that combination of forenames!

Sorry if I'm been overly cryptic.

The person recorded as daughter of the dec'd was living in the dec'd's home for the next few phone directiories.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010