View Single Post
Old 31-12-19, 20:32

I keep finding stuff on the Internet Archive and getting distracted.

There is this one with a lot of detail on the Vaughan/Vaughn family as well as the Naylors. Give it a minute to come into focus. The text is on the right-hand page.
https://archive.org/details/hcbhawley_i/page/38

In case anyone curious enough to read this is not familiar with Internet Archive, you can search more inside this publication if desired by going to the search field with the magnifying-glass icon on the black bar. (Not the field at the very top right corner. That will take you to other books.)

There is also History, town of Isle La Motte, Vermont : an account of the discovery, settlement, and interesting and remarkable events by Stratton, Allen L, and I think you may be able to see this two-page spread on the Naylor family without actually "borrowing"* the book, which you have to do if you want to peruse the whole volume. (*In the case of this book. Many others are free for the reading.)
https://archive.org/details/historyt...0stra/page/374

This latter book's index includes these names under "Naylor":

Benjamin
Cornelius R.
David, Rev. (1813-1903)
Elizabeth (1876- )
Elizabeth (Vaughn)
Emily (Bourdeau) (1840-1906)
Ernest A.
Franklin (ca. 1868-died young)
George (ca. 1873-1908)
Geraldine, Mrs.
Harold A.
Harry (sic)
Hattie Emily (Jarvis)
Hawley
Henry (1820-1898)
Herbert
Julia (ca. 1878- )
Mary (Botsford)
Mary (ca. 1875- )
Milla/Millie (LaBombard) (1873-1948)
Rachel (Fitzgerald)
William J.
William Henry (1870-1944)

It seems as if most of these Naylors are from the generation(s) following Henry. I was hoping to see if some other Naylors accompanied him across the Atlantic, but have not identified any yet.

Note that Boudreau and Bourdeau are variants of the same surname, also Vaughan and Vaughn.

Janet (Niagara)

Last edited by Janet; 31-12-19 at 20:38.