View Single Post
Old 15-12-19, 20:55

Oh, thank you for that, Kite!

I have Newmans in Hampshire, so I was wondering if Rebecca had returned to base. That find puts the lid on things, and proves she was a Londoner.

John and Rebecca had an elder child, Francis Burdett Miller, born in 1804. This seems to indicate that they had political awareness. (I doubt whether there will be that many Boris Johnson Smiths or Jeremy Corbyn Browns born this month)

Lots of trees are showing Francis as marrying in London in the 1820s, but unless he was looked after by family members, I would have expected him to be with his brother and sister, so I wonder if he died young.

The records that might have shown admission and discharge, settlement examination etc have not survived, so I don't know what happened to Rebecca's first husband.

Yes, that's the correct death for William John Pulling/Polling/Poulden, as the burial gives the correct address.

I just wish I knew why Rebecca came south. And where the devil the DNA connection is!

I suppose it is possible that Rebecca's children were by William, who happened to be working in London, and when things came to a head, she and William headed for Portsmouth? But that seems far-fetched.