View Single Post
Old 18-12-20, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry View Post
I know you have Mary's 1914 marriage cert as you said it has father John, dec'd on it. I just need to know:

is "Mary ?" in the above quote just the forename of John's wife from the 1901 census, or did you already know Mary Kathleen's mother's first name was Mary from some other source?

What about the date of birth? What is your source for that? (EDIT - I've seen that is the date given at her death registration, but perhaps you had it from somewhere other than that?)

You didn't say who Mary K married, but I'm guessing it was Albert Cooper in Leeds? From the 1939 Register Mary's date of birth is given as 11 Feb 1893. Now this could be wrong and the date you mention could be right, however, if 1893 (or any other close year!) is actualy correct then could that mean you have the wrong family in 1901? I'm not saying you have gone wrong - a lot depends on whether I'm looking at the right people in 1939 and where you have your information from for her birth being 1889. Plus, maybe you knew the names of her siblings before you started searching.
Mary in the above quote is what I got from the 1901 census, no idea who her mother was. Date of birth again from the 1901 census, but looking at the marriage certificate her given age does not match that date. States 22 years old in October 1914 so would make birth year around 1892.
I did know that she had a sister called Agnus and that is what made me think I had the right one.
Possibly have the wrong family as she was living in Leeds when married and only 22.
Once again thank you for help, this is hard.