Thread: Frances Dry
View Single Post
Old 18-11-13, 15:41
Administrator

Thanks very much for that, Shona.

What I really need to find is a will from after about 1745 naming Frances Dry junior (or a record of her birth / baptism). It seems that you can use PayPal on TNA site now, and I have a bit of a PayPal balance so I have downloaded a couple of wills from there - Dame Mary Hodges (nee Buttall) as mentioned already, and today George Hodges (one of Frances sr's brothers) who died in 1765, but his will just says he leaves everything to his wife Mary, and the father Sir Nathaniel Hodges who died in 1727, so too early to mention my Frances but it did mention another of Nathaniel and Mary's sons, Joseph Jory Hodges. Joseph was born 11 Mar 1702/3 and I've just found a mention of his death in Google Book Search, saying he was buried at Stepney with his ancestors on the 16th of October age 30, so that should be Oct 1733. Date of death 28 Sep, at Exeter. I wonder whether he left a will, though again, it would be too early to prove the link to my Frances Dry.

Edit - Josh Jorey Hodges Esqr of Exeter buried 16 Oct 1734 St Dunstan and All Saints, Stepney.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update